[webaccessibile] Fw: [techs] Skip navigation techniques

Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG rscano a iwa-italy.org
Gio 17 Giu 2004 16:13:32 CEST

A seguito della discussione con Gianluca ho postato nella lista WCAG.
Ecco una risposta:

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Dorward"
To: "WAI GL (E-mail)"
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 3:56 PM
Subject: Re: [techs] Skip navigation techniques

On 17 Jun 2004, at 14:51, Roberto Scano - IWA/HWG wrote:

> is good for XHTML 1.1

Also for HTML 4.x

> but this could cause problems about backward compatibility.

The only browser that I know, off the top of my head, which does not
recognise element ids as fragment identifiers is Netscape 4.

> (and we need to check with the screen readers)

I believe (can anyone confirm) that the two big ones, IBM Homepage
Reader and JAWS, are both aural layers on top of MS Internet Explorer
and thus will support id based fragment identifiers.

--
David Dorward
      <http://dorward.me.uk/>